In May, CAC finished up a year of Joy School. It was an adventure for both of us. We had a good group of moms and really cute kids. Lots of sweet lessons and crafts and songs and silliness. CAC bonded with cousin CPC in ways that might not have happened had we not jumped in. It was good for me to connect more with my sis-in-law as well. But I'll say it sure was a relief to get to that graduation day.
CAC was also in Kindermusik this spring. One of her home activities was to go around with a camera and take pictures of the world around her. CAC goes around with my camera all the time, but usually she just takes closeup photos of her face. For this activity she decided to take pictures of important parts of the house.
I've scrolled through those photos on my phone many times in the last few months and almost deleted them a couple of times because I kept forgetting what they were. It's fun to see things from her point of view.
Here's what we look like when we're sitting through day two of end-of-year talent shows at the elementary school. It was a long time to sit just to be able to watch your big sister jump-rope across the stage.
CAC is a very social girl. She can't get enough of other people--anyone besides us same-olds she sees every day. Play dates are just about her favorite thing. At church, she always wants to sit with someone else. She loves to be with her cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.
![]() |
| Doing money tricks with Uncle Christian |
I suppose I should consider what this need to be with others says about me? It does make me excited for her to start kindergarten. She'll be one of the youngest, but I think she'll do great. And I look forward to her coming home each day with excitement to tell me all about it.





















No comments:
Post a Comment