
Farewell to our sweet kitty...a dear and unexpected friend for almost 18 years.
Tonight I'm recalling a particular family vacation years ago when my sisters, Mom and Dad, and I sat around a table at a restaurant and talked about Wesley and what we would do if we lost him. We cried a lot then, I remember. Though we couldn't imagine our family without him, I don't think any of us dreamed that he would be with us as long as he was.
Our thoughts are with my parents--my mom, in particular, who devoted as many years of love, protection (from grandkids), concern, and care for her "baby" and loyal friend.
6 comments:
Thank you, Jodie for your sweet tribute to our beloved Wessy. He was indeed a part of our family. He was the last to join our family and the first to go, and that hurts. I cried when I saw the picture and read your touching memorial. I will always think of him just as the picture depicts--sitting on the white chair, on his guard should anyone sneak up on him. I like to imagine now that he is running free and remembering how much he was loved.
So sorry to hear. Looks like a sweet kitty.
Jodie how did Wessy die? Was it because of old age or other reasons. Will surely miss him.
Wesley did die of old age, mostly...he had been suffering with some kidney issues for several years. He is definitely missed.
Jodie,
You have a way with words. I was touched by your tribute. Love, Val
I had a cat that lived almost that long, too. It is hard but a great opportunity to teach kids about life and death. :)
Post a Comment