| "Haunted Pond" - Red Butte Gardens |
![]() |
| A carefully-chosen homework spot |
Part of our fall routine has included soccer. It's RVC and TLC playing this season, but of course, between practices and multiple games here and there, it really involves the whole family. The weather has really cooperated; it's been great to have some extra reasons to spend outdoors. RVC's team from the last couple of years fizzled, but she was able to jump aboard another team on the same level. She has had a great experience even though it's a team made up of girls mostly from a different elementary school. TLC loved soccer and did great on his team.
| Joy School day at our house |
CAC has been enjoying Joy School this fall with her cousin CPC and a few new friends. She loves that part of her routine along with Kindermusik. Next week she and SCC are giving gymnastics a try (now that soccer is winding down). I'm especially proud of SCC for being willing to wait until October for her fall activity.
I'm enjoying a bit more involvement at the school this year. It's getting a little easier, with each kid I have in school, to justify my spending time over there. I'm volunteering with the Meet the Masters art program again, which has been a lot of fun. Between the three classes, I get to work with both beginning and intermediate levels for each artist and I end up learning a lot. I'm also volunteering as the school chorus accompanist, which will be a lot of fun.
RVC had a successful solo piano recital this month. I am proud of her for working so hard and for stepping out of her comfort zone to do scary things--something I wish I had done more growing up. TLC's first recital is coming up in a couple of weeks.
She is doing a lot of writing, drawing, cutting, crafting, etc. lately. I guess that comes along with being in first grade.
We definitely need to make note this fall of our family's newest cyclist. I suppose CAC was already riding on two wheels with her "strider" bike, but she has moved up to a pedal bike about 2 weeks ago. She was quite determined to get it one day. Coach SCC was out there cheering CAC on and giving her refreshment from the water bottle when she needed it. Of course, the outfit just may have had something to do with her success; I'm quite certain most professional cyclists train in rain boots and leotards.
Here she was later on, excited to show Dad when he got home.
That last photo was only a couple of weeks ago and already things look different around here--lots of fall colors and a driveway covered with leaves. Here are a few more forgotten photos from fall adventures...of the new Evergreen (Cinderella) Park and Hogle Zoo variety. Looking forward to more fun fall days ahead.






No comments:
Post a Comment