Monday, August 29, 2011

First day, round 2

Hooray for the newest school-age member of our family.  SCC made her kindergarten debut today.  She reminded me to take her picture in the driveway as we were leaving to walk her to school (afternoon session)...I didn't realize that it was a tradition, but I suppose it's becoming one.


And here are a few more shots from the school before she headed inside with her class.





On the way to school, SCC was singing a little song about being nervous: "It's okay to be ne-ahvous..." (we had talked about how feeling nervous is okay).  It helped that she had already met her teacher, Mrs. Neeley.  And she was also glad to have her "best friend" in her class.  I think she'll do great--so excited for her.

I forget how hot it still is this time of year.  These three arrived home this afternoon with bright red, sweaty faces (It didn't help that their mom forgot to send them with water bottles).


No comments: