Monday, September 10, 2007

impending doom...

...That's the feeling I used to get on Sunday nights before weeks TEC would travel to Beaumont or Lufkin with the judge. Overwhelmed. Dreading the responsibilities ahead... Come to think of it, not much different from the feelings I had at the beginning of each week back when I taught school.

This is our last week in Tyler. Over the past few weeks, we have been packing up here and there while trying to maintain a "showable" house. Now we are getting into serious packing mode and all the "lasts" that come with moving. Once again, that impending doom is chasing me. I am not a fan of packing.

The kids and I took our last trip to the zoo this morning. It was quite possibly our fastest zoo visit ever, we went the long way and stopped at every exhibit, but TLC took the sprint-through-the-zoo-including-up-every-hill approach. Hopefully he got enough energy out to take a nap this afternoon.















I'm going to miss the Tyler zoo--I can say it's the best I've been to. Later this week we'll be taking a field trip with MOMS Club to the fire station, and we're hoping to make it to one last Story Time the library to see Miss Evelyn. We'll see what else we fit into this overwhelming week.

2 comments:

ghd3 said...

Good luck! Moving is a LOT of work, logistically, physically, and emotionally. Hope you hang in there all right. Tyler will miss the Cundicks, I am sure.

mistyp said...

Wow! Time moves fast! I can't believe its your moving time already! Good luck!