Pictures of the canyon from the top only capture a little bit of how deep it is. The canyon walls are cast in shadow much of the day, causing them to appear black. We learned that there are parts of canyon that never see daylight.
We took a windy and very steep road all the way to the bottom and the sinking feeling I got even from that gave my stomach butterflies.
The pictures from the bottom don't do the place justice either. I guess you just have to be there to take it all in.
I think becoming a mom has given me a whole new fear of heights. As much as I wanted to take pictures of my kids here, watching them pose at some of these lookout spots was not a great feeling. I was ready to move back to the trail.
Here I go trying to take a picture of how deep it is. And trying not to fall. And reminding myself to breathe.


No comments:
Post a Comment