Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh, how we love BEDTIME

Phew... dinner: check; family home evening: check; treats: check; stories: check; teeth brushed: check; potty: check; prayer: check; songs: check; one last trip to the potty: check; final tuck-ins: check; lights out: check. At last, everything is taken care of and the kids are in bed. Then, at the last minute, RVC decides she needs a drink. "Sorry, RVC, it's too late now and time to go to sleep," says JBC. SCC lets out a cry: "But I wanted 'All over the world,' not 'I am like a star.'" Suddenly, TLC pipes up with a whimpering statement of how scared he is. Finally, I say to them all, "Good night, kiddos. We love you. Now please go to sleep." And as I close the door to three crying children, I hear the oldest say to the youngest, "Stop crying SCC... I'm trying to scream!!!"

1 comment:

Terry and Emalee said...

Oh my, can I relate to this?! Makes me feel good to know I am not the only one. :-)