Thursday, April 03, 2008

FIVE!


Five things I love about this beautiful birthday girl:


  1. She is so full of intense emotion and drama. In any given day, she can display the best and worst of ages 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 and still warm her exhausted mother's heart with a hug.

  2. I love the way she cares so deeply about her relationships. She loves friends and longs for more close friends. She misses friends we left behind in Texas. I am excited for her to start kindergarten and find friendships there.

  3. She refuses to accept anything less than her best--is this a nice way to say she is a bit stubborn? Anyhow, I'm proud of her determination to stick to a task and work through something. I hope that I acquire the skill to convince her that it's okay to make mistakes...I guess I have to be better at convincing myself of that first.

  4. This one is hard to explain, but I love that she seems to have a sincere desire to be good. Even when she is being naughty and disobedient, I can see that she struggles. It's the stubbornness in her--I see it in her face that she knows better. And as much as I hate those moments (and often my own reaction to them), there is that deeper love that comes when she, or both of us, come around.

  5. She makes me proud to be a mom.



More pictures from the big day (birthday breakfast/presents, trip to Discovery Gateway with aunts Val and Tracey and cousins, family birthday cake time) can be seen here.

4 comments:

ghd3 said...

great tribute. happy birthday!

mistyp said...

Cute cake! That is a gorgeous pic of her. Looks like it was a fun day. :)

Corie said...

Happy Birthday, RVC! Five, what a big girl and a fun age!

Kristen said...

She is a beautiful girl! What I'd give for that hair. Did you get to the reunion? I talked to Carrie Neal and she said there weren't many missionaries from our era. I would have loved to have seen the Calls, though.